adidas Originals Into the Metaverse
Bored Ape Yacht Club, PUNKS Comic, and gmoney welcome adidas Originals into the Metaverse. Phase 1 NFT physical product claims have now closed.
Watch adidas Originals Into the Metaverse on Floor!
Get NFT news, prices, and more with the Floor app. Available now on iOS and Android.
Get more adidas Originals Into the Metaverse news
Content from your favorite collections, in your pocket, with Floor.
Get more adidas Originals Into the Metaverse news
Content from your favorite collections in your pocket with Floor.
I'M ALL OUT OF TICKETS 🥳
All tickets were redeemed for the upcoming BERLIN ITM Community Event.
You didn’t get a ticket? Don’t give up yet! You still have a chance:
Tokenproof offers the option to return your ticket if you can’t make it to the event. So here’s the good part: If a ticket gets returned, it goes straight back to the original ticket pool. 👏 So keep your 👀 open. If somebody returns their ticket, you have the chance to grab it. 🏃♂️
You will NGMI to the event? Then please return your ticket with the help of the instructions below. The demand for this event is very high. It takes around 30 seconds. Any cancellation is definitive and cannot be reversed.
Instructions here ➡️ #❓︱Berlin ITM Community Event faq
IMPORTANTPlease make sure to bring your ID to get a 18+ wristband to enjoy alcoholic beverages 🥂. We will release detailed information regarding the program of the event on 18.03.23.
Enjoy your weekend!
ADIDAS INVITES YOU TO BERLIN 🇩🇪
We're coming to Berlin on Saturday, March 25th! We will post more details on the
event shortly. But for now, you can already secure your tickets. The community event
will be only for ITM @Phase 1 and @Phase 2 token holders.
📅 Date: Sat, March 25th
⌛ Time: 9:30PM - 12:00AM CET
📍Address: Adidas Flagship Store, Tauentzienstraße 15, 10789 Berlin, Germany
LINK TO CLAIM: https://tokenproof.xyz/event/itm-berlin-community-event
Note: Please only claim a ticket if you plan to be in Berlin on March 25th — there are
a limited number available, and tickets are non-transferable. You can claim 1 ticket per wallet. The event ticketing is powered by TokenProof, you will need to download the app on iOS or Android and
enroll your desired wallet(s) via a gasless signature. ✅
For more information on how to use TokenProof, please follow the #📕︱faq
If you decide to claim via mobil there is a dedicated tutorial for this one as well. LFG!
During an interview at NFT Paris, Erika Wykes-Sneyd, the web3 lead for adidas, mentioned the popular sportswear brand was compelled by the idea of token-gating future sneaker drops, according to a report from Decrypt.
Please note: the community event will have limit capacity. Ticketing info coming soon.
🗳️/// COUNCIL: THIS IS YOUR REMINDER TO VOTE 🗳️
Your fam, your say.
👀Remember to review the community /// council candidates at > https://metaverse.adidas.com/council/candidates and think about who would best represent you to adidas /// studio and team.
🗳️Then, go to snapshot.org/adidas-council to have your say and vote.
🔵Remember, one ITM token = one vote. The more tokens you hold, the more votes you will be eligible to make
🏃Be quick, voting closes on .
🚨 We have moved the announcement of the official community council back to give our winning candidates the time to accept the /// council offer. The new date for the announcement of the /// council will be Wednesday, 22 February.
👉8 seats will be chosen by ITM holders first
👉7 seats will then be chosen by /// studio
❓Questions? Have a look in #❓︱council-faq.
🔮Who do you think will be in it? Who do you think will be voted in? 🗣️Join the discussion in #💎︱holders
🗳️/// COUNCIL: IT’S TIME TO VOTE FOR WHO YOU WANT TO REPRESENT THE COMMUNITY. HAVE YOUR SAY NOW. HERE’S HOW 👇
Your fam, your say.
💙Thank you to the 200 eligible candidates who applied to be part of the /// council 💙 we’re blown away with the response!
1️⃣All applications have been sorted and all eligible candidates have been published for your review at https://metaverse.adidas.com/council/candidates
2️⃣Once you review the applications and know who you are voting for, head to https://snapshot.org/#/adidas.eth/proposal/0xb5ff5e7a97ec40f53dec07e0ed8e7c35bd27ca02e7148e8085d28f7b42257a30 to vote on-chain ⛓️
👉If you added more than one submission, only your most recent submission has made it to this next stage
🔵Remember, one ITM token = one vote
Every adidas Into the Metaverse NFT you have gives you 1 vote. If you have more than one ITM NFT, you can use your votes for one option or spread them across multiple options. For example, if you have 10 ITM NFTs, you could give 3 votes to one option, 4 votes to another, and 3 votes to a third option.
💙Voting will close on
👉8 seats will be chosen by ITM holders first
👉7 seats will then be chosen by /// studio
💙Successful candidates will be announced on Friday, February 17
🗣️🔮Who do you think will be voted in? Join the discussion in #💎︱holders
❓Questions? Have a look in #❓︱council-faq
/// COUNCIL: APPLICATIONS HAVE CLOSED
Your fam, your say.
Thank you to everyone who has applied to be part of the /// council. Applications have officially closed.
👀Tomorrow, February 7, all eligible applications will be publicly published for your review.
🗳️Tomorrow, February 7, voting will open, on-chain ⛓️on Snapshot.org.
🔵Remember, one ITM token = one vote. The more tokens you hold, the more votes you will be eligible to make.
👉8 seats will be chosen by ITM holders first
👉7 seats will then be chosen by /// studio
❓More details can be found in #❓︱council-faq
🔗 Official links for the snapshot.org page and application review will be posted here tomorrow. Keep it locked.
🔮Who do you think will be in it? Who do you think will be voted in? 🗣️Join the discussion in #💎︱holders
WAGMI United PFP
I have a present for you and the @WAGMI United community.
Starting today, all WAGMI United NFT holders that also hold adidas Virtual Gear can now go to our atelier at atelier.adidas.com and use the PFP styling tool to dress up!
I hope you enjoy it,
Much love 💙 💙 💙
⚠️/// COUNCIL: 5 DAYS LEFT UNTIL APPLICATIONS CLOSE ⚠️
Your fam, your say.
Have you applied to be part of the /// council?
⚠️This is your friendly reminder that applications close in 5 days, on Monday, 6 February.
This is how you can apply:
👉Hold an ITM NFT
👉Be over 21 years of age
👉Head to adidas.com/metaverse/council and follow the prompts:
🔵Share your Discord ID
🔵An Introduction of yourself
🔵Why you should be part of the council
🔵What your vision for the involvement of the council is moving forward
👉You are applying for a 12 month seat. Re-elections will take place every 12 months
🗳️Then, the vote will begin.
🤝You must hold an ITM Phase 1 or ITM Phase 2 NFT to participate.
❓More details can be found in #❓︱council-faq.
🔮Join the chat in #💎︱holders to discuss what your predictions will be.
Here is an update about our presence at NFT Paris.
PRESENCE ON STAGE
We are stoked to announce that @heyerika will join a panel discussion together with Gmoney, the Fabricant and Tom Sachs on Saturday, Feb. 25th @ 09:50-10:25.
Final agenda of the event will be shared soon.
SPECIAL PRICE FOR ITM HOLDERS
We managed to secure a special price for ITM Phase 1 and Phase 2 holders!
Here is a link where you can buy a two-day ticket with a -30% discount.
Let us know if you are planning to attend and we can meet up!
Much love 💙 💙 💙
🤝 Introducing: /// council 🤝
Your fam, your say.
You, our community have kept us strong since our inception back in December, 2021. You have supported us, and each other, strong for over a year.
We are better because of you, and we want to make it official.
Today, we are so happy to introduce the /// council (pronounced Three Stripes Council), made up of 15 dedicated ITM holders, voted by ITM holders, together with the /// studio. This elected council will contribute to adidas’ efforts in web3 together with the /// studio by doing the following:
🗣️ Be involved in a bi-monthly meeting with /// studio, who will share plans of upcoming initiatives before the public, with an opportunity to provide direct feedback and advice to the team
🔵 Receive a Non-Transferable Token /// council badge of honor
🤝 Receive an exclusive Discord role and access to a private channel in Discord together with @///・Studio, mods and contributors
💡 Ability to pitch ideas, which if receive a 50%+1 vote support from the council, get presented and evaluated by /// studio
🎊 Once a year, the opportunity to meet the team in an adidas location, or at an adidas sponsored event
Want in? This is how you can apply and be in the running to be elected by the community and /// studio:
👉 Hold an ITM NFT
👉 Be over 21 years of age
👉 Head to metaverse.adidas.com/council and fill in the form, sharing your Discord ID, an Introduction of you and why you should be part of the council, and what your vision for the involvement of the council is moving forward
👉 You are applying for a 12 month seat. Re-elections will take place every 12 months
Applications close on February 6, then the selection process will begin.
👉 On February 7, all eligible applications will be publicly published here in the adidas Discord
👉 On the same day, voting will open, on-chain ⛓️on Snapshot.org. One ITM token = One vote
👉 The more tokens you hold, the more votes you will be eligible to make
More details to come.
Voting will close on February 14, and winners will be announced on February 17.
8 seats will be chosen by ITM holders first
7 seats will then be chosen by /// studio
Don’t take this lightly, we don’t. It is the first, official feedback council inside of adidas. We trust you, and we know that we’re better together.
You can find more information in #❓︱council-faq
Newly formed /// Studio (aka Three Stripes Studio) will manage adidas' Web3 presence, according to a tweet from adidas' Bored Ape Indigo Herz.
It’s time to meet the new members of the newly formed /// studio (aka three stripes studio)!
Led by @heyerika, the /// studio represents a group of creative DeGens and boundary-breaking three stripes stans who are determined to push at the frontiers of innovation, collaboration and culture.
Our team proudly takes responsibility for the development and delivery of all adidas global Web 3.0 activities, working to define the brand’s Strategy, Partnerships, Community & Activations, and Product for the road ahead. And we’re excited to rep the best interests of our community at every decision along the way.
Watch this space for more news, as we will soon announce plans for the /// council!
Together, impossible is (probably) nothing.
Much love 💙 💙 💙 💙
Community & Activation @kingstace.eth @luckylucas @Hazza @iSilvia
Strategy & Planning @DEVILCHP @lastibaber
Partnerships @bustamantesWife @dangerman
Product & Tech @bigfish @miGi
1/12/2023 TREASURE HUNT REWARD
In November, 2022, we held the Indigooooooals Treasure Hunt, which started with the adidas Football family reunion for the World Cup.
The eagle-eyed of you spotted my ⚽️ ⚽️ ⚽️ Indigooooals ⚽️ ⚽️ ⚽️ box in Benzema‘s hand—with a mysterious wallet address.
🕵️ This wallet led the curious on the hunt to find out what it meant. After snooping with perseverance and panache, 20 of you dropped notes into my wallet and won the Treasure Hunt.
🚛 Now, it‘s 12 January 2023, the wen of the Treasure Hunt reward for the 20 biggest sleuths in our community.
🏆 If you are one of that group of 20, congratulations. We have airdropped the adidas /// Blue Pass NTT (a.k.a. soulbound token❤️🔥) to your wallet address.
👉 An NTT is a non-transferable token, meaning that you are unable to trade this token. Once the time is right, only the winners of the treasure hunt holding the NTT will be able to activate it for another (more tradable token) in the future.
For those who didn’t win, more is coming so keep your eyes 👀 peeled.
And remember, Impossible is (probably) Nothing.
Much love 💙 💙 💙 💙
Happy New Year, /// fam!
We hope you enjoyed the holidays and have landed safely in 2023!
For us the first weeks of 2023 will be spent in onboarding and forming the newly established /// studio team. We will be discussing our path ahead and our priorities for the year.
At the end of last year we asked you to vote for the location of our first exclusive ITM holders event where you can meet the /// studio, talk with fellow holders, and listen to exclusive information about the project. The results of the vote are in and we are glad to announce Berlin (451 votes) as the winning location. We will now start planning an event there and will announce more details at a later stage once we have it all figured out. Stay tuned!
THE PATH AHEAD
Next up, we endeavor to create an interoperable identity which you can use to identify each other in virtual worlds - one which can adapt with you. With all the knowledge we collected and the launch of adidas Virtual Gear we’ve opened doors and met new friends along the way we didn’t expect. We want to share some of the focus points for the next couple of months:
/// studio - we are formalizing a fully dedicated unit in the company with strategy, product & technology, partnerships and creative roles, starting 1st January 2023.
- /// council will launch in Q1 creating a sounding board to our plans and ambitions selected from you, our community.
- /// events to bring the community together. In major cities where you live or can travel to.
- Onboarding new members and expanding our reach.
- Expanding and deepening our virtual & physical gear collection. 👟
- Establishing a membership proposition which puts our community in the driver seat.
- Redefining the approach on how we communicate to keep the community engaged and educate non-holders on our vision.
- Creating for you your own Identity / PFP.
ITM EXCLUSIVE HOLDERS EVENT
@everyone We want to thank you for being with us on this journey! That's why we will be organizing exclusive ITM holders events next year. Meet the /// studio, talk with fellow holders, and listen to exclusive information about the project. With drinks, food, music and our community - this will be fun!
Starting today you are able to vote for the location in #🙋︱itm-irl-vote channel (open until 31 december). In the first weeks of January we will share more information about the wen, what, where question for our first event.
ONE YEAR OF ADIDAS ORIGINALS: INTO THE METAVERSE
365 days ago we started our pledge to the open metaverse. To make new friends in new places — NFT-native or not— along the way. To open the door to web3 and what the future could be. We touched down in every corner of culture, landing in this wild world where possibilities can be limitless when we choose to play as a team.
For many web3 natives, this has been a bumpy year. We strive to support the builders and doers and use our brand to invite positivity through community, co-creation and teamwork. Today we look back at the past year, to invite all on the journey ahead. Today, we invite you to cast your vote for an upcoming ITM EXCLUSIVE HOLDERS EVENT.
WHAT HAPPENED SO FAR
- Last December 17, ITM minted out with a collection of 30000 NFT’s. A first of its kind drop sparking a movement of brands collaborating with this new space.
- We launched several community projects including the Prada re-source art project with Zach Lieberman, Hot Seats with Bad Bunny and kitted out the first internet-owned professional football team, WAGMI united.
- We moved over 24,000 holders to phase 2 by covering the claim, shipping and customs for our exclusive physical drip - the ITM Hoodie, Beanie and ITM Firebird Tracksuit. Everything is being delivered directly to holders in over 100 countries, nearly double what adidas does regularly.
- In June, we executed the biggest airdrop in NFT history by secretly seeding our Virtual Gear collection in the wallets of holders, first and exclusively.
- Then we invited you on a world-wide treasure hunt to find and unlock The Impossible Box clues together.
- Through teamwork, we unboxed adidas Virtual Gear Collection, a fully fungible wearable collection to redefine style for the virtual world.
- We launched Blue Spaces, a Twitter Spaces series to hear directly from the pioneers of the open Metaverse.
- Indigo Herz scored some Indigoooooooals by sneaking into the adidas World Cup ad and landing on the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa in Dubai.
- We invited PFP and ITM Phase 2 holders to suit up first by visiting adidas atelier’s PFP styling tool - a hand designed wearable application for every Ape, Mutant and Inhabitant.
- During Art Week in Miami, we hosted our first IRL community event, (Probably) Real, with secret performance by Pusha T.
- We built an AR Lens to allow all ITM tracksuit holders to personally color up their drip.
WAGMI MERCH & PFP CLAIM
@everyone The WAGMI United merch & PFP claim is live! Created in partnership with adidas and Snowfro, they are excited to start the process and get WAGMI United holders the amazing products - a jersey, a cap and a scarf.
The instructions on how to claim the Merch and PFP, are over on the WAGMI United Discord server! So… what are you waiting for?!
Claim your merch today and let's begin the process! #TheInternetsDrop
ITM AR TRACKSUIT POWERED BY SNAPCHAT
During the Miami Art Week (Probably) Real event I was able to wear my solaryellow tracksuit for the first time.
With over 65% of the tracksuits and beanies already on their way to you, to keep your head warm and style in check, it is time to shift realities, augmented realities.
We’ve partnered with Snapchat to bring exclusive, limited-edition companion drops for your Into the Metaverse gear.
INTRODUCING THE INTO THE METAVERSE SOLARYELLOW AR FILTER!
The experience gets activated with the logo lock ups on your tracksuit to keep your gear in style. No other markers or QR codes needed on the garment itself.
🌀 Creativity 🌀
Everything starts with an idea, and we want to start giving our community more tools to create and share their most iconic shoots. Our road ahead is bright, some would even say as bright as the tracksuit itself. So make sure to download and fire up the filter because you never know when you might need it. Now is your chance to POWER UP your fit.
- Put on your Into the Metaverse Solaryellow Firebird Tracksuit
- Download Snapchat and scan the Snapchat filter below
- Scan the chest area as seen in the photo
- Get funky
(PROBABLY) REAL RECAP
@everyone a week has passed and I am still buzzing from the vibes at the (Probably) Real Miami Art Week event. I've made a small recap video. Hope to see you all again at the next one. Use #👟︱general and #💎︱holders to tell me where we should organize an IRL event next.
@everyone Had a blast last Saturday at the (Probably) Real event in Miami. Was so nice hosting many of you and celebrating adidas Virtual Gear. Wanted to share some impressions of the event and some friends who came to visit.
Thanks to everyone who came and looking forward to the next one! Share more of your impressions in #👟︱general or #💎︱holders and tell me where I should throw a party next.
🔥 SNAPSHOT TAKEN 📸
@everyone - To celebrate our first /// community event (Probably) Real in Miami dedicated to the adidas Virtual Gear collection, we have completed a snapshot at block 16108623 (). Holders of adidas Virtual Gear at that time will get an opportunity to evolve the collection. How? More info to come within the next weeks.
INTRODUCING THE ADIDAS PFP STYLING TOOL – GET GEARED UP
In November, we launched our first-ever NFT wearables collection l: adidas Virtual Gear, attached with their own rarities and superpowers, setting a new standard for expressing yourself across realities. You asked, how do I use my adidas Virtual Gear if the virtual worlds we’re ready to play in aren’t fully realized yet?
Introducing the adidas PFP Styling Tool, where you can style, dress up and redress your own PFP on atelier.adidas.com by selecting the Virtual Gear you hold. I’ve been working with the /// studio to design each wearable by hand specifically to your PFP. Designed for you.
Collections possible to style begin with our partners:
Bored Ape Yacht Club
Mutant Ape Yacht Club
In the coming months, more friends and collections across the metaverse will be added to participate with their identities too, including the adidas Identity. Vote for what you want to see within the tool.
Go to https://atelier.adidas.com to dress up in your adidas Virtual Gear.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Style your BAYC, MAYC or Inhabitant (prior Metahero) in your adidas Virtual Gear
- The adidas PFP Styling Tool will be token-gated. You will only be able to generate the Virtual Gear that you own in your wallet
- Browse and shop the collection
- Make sure your adidas Virtual Gear is in the same wallet as your selected BAYC, MAYC or Inhabitant to dress
- All artworks are painstakingly customized for your specific traits, rarity, sizes of PFP
- More collections will be created over the next coming months
- Vote for your choice of who the next PFP collection should be
- Always check the website - the only official adidas domain is adidas.com. Never connect your wallet to sites you don’t verify first.
- Access to the tool is gated for community members holding a partner NFT and adidas Virtual Gear token in their wallet.
- We will never DM you.
Want to know more?
- Meet us in the chats and show us your PFPs styled up!
ART BASEL, WOLD CUP, ACTIVATIONS
- adidas is including web3 in the overall brand. It's not a silo and subsegment. It's integrated. A few days ago we projected Indigo on the Burj Khalifa. It is wild. Here we are broadcasting apes and NFTs on the worlds tallest building. It's exciting. The whole company is affected, everyone is so thrilled. It was so nice Gnabry requesting to join ITM and get a tracksuit. The big role for the brand is to continue helping web3 values into popular culture and invite more people into this space, make it fun and playful and engaging for people. There is more up our sleeve for the back half of the World Cup. We can do more to blur the lines between lifestyle and web3.
- There is still a lot of work to be done, we spoke to a lot of players, celebrities, who are thinking what to do with that space. Some are scared looking at the crypto crash and wondering if it is here to stay. There is a call to action to everyone in the community to make sure we are not supporting the grifting, and helping onboard new users, because that's what big brands should be pushing. Big brands are going to be inviting new people in. We will not be able to do white glove and help every single user, so we need to rely on the community to help as mass adoption is about to start. When you put a Bored Ape in a global world cup advert that gets a ton of attention and that helps create awareness.
- We are not a partner of Art Basel, but we will show up in Miami in the Art Week. There is something going on. We will share with the community what we do exactly there.
- Erika really wants to style and do something with Paris Hilton. She has an ape, she is pink, has a lot of attention and can bring people in the space. "Her ape is my favorite NFT", Erika shared.
- Virtual gear is so interesting. It is much faster to put together a collection and let the community give feedback on the collection immediately and even inspire what could go into manufacturing.
- This is why the range is so different. We tried to push different things. You get a crazy looking plushy outfit, that's the Wallrunner. Then you got the Personal Flotation Device made with sustainable leather, puffiness, then you get the gmoney puffervest that is a hoodie but completely new luxury like 9dcc is operating. It is exciting to look the reaction and to think can this inspire us to make physicals. Now it's about how do we iterate and co-create with the community to create something people would be proud to flex in real life and on their virtual identity.
- One of the biggest learnings for people in business is that in web3 you cannot be hiding in the ivory tower. People have given us very real feedback. We are watching it all. We also love the memes and love them. All that feedback is great. Design is meant to be subjective, it should bring conversation. Art is about finding something that personally resonates with you and maybe is not for everyone. That is the job of fashion stylists - to help people express their values.
- Negative feedback takes thick skin sometimes, but we are grateful to have it, because it shows people give a sh*t and care and we want them to care. It is emotionally exhausting.
- We need to be better at sharing the bigger vision. Up to now, the team has a principle of not talking about stuff until it is live, but this all ties to what will happen in phase 3 which is the shift to identity.
- People need an identity to wear virtual gear on and some place to wear it to. Those are in the work and coming in the pipeline.
- A famous fashion designer and musician really wanted one of the pieces to be created in real world. People want to wear stuff which identifies them and makes them feel good. In order for the space to grow it needs to be accessible. Gmoney did it by putting the Cryptopunks on billboards. Gfunk did it with comics. Everyone knows what a comic is, it is as easy as picking up something to read. Suddenly you are learning web3. We do street style better than anyone. We do this with Yohji Yamamoto, Balenciaga, Gucci, Craig Green, Grace Wells Bonner and with so many other partners like this is what we do really well. We can find the codes of what is new luxury and art and what NFTs are democratizing and what adidas is doing really well which is blending sports style blended by lifestyle.
- This was a free airdrop we did, one of the largest per volume. We did spend a lot of time with the creative team on how to roll it out. There was a reason why not to do this as a primary mint, but to allow holders to chose if they want to vault it, trade it or reveal it. We heard people want more rarities and more bespokes. There is something that is coming there, but don't forget that is the very first time the future archive is being built. There will be a sea of wearables in the future, but we won't be recreating these. This is the first time and only time. There is something powerful to be amongst the first. Every the every single piece is going to be special in its own right and it's going to sit in this like lore of web3 and popular culture.
- We underplayed the utility, we will make sure the profile picture dressing tool is not seen as the end of the journey. We will be working on dressing the full avatars in the future in 3D. Holders can have then multiple identities and can style them, and then take it off without having to burn the NFT either. The tool will help people get a sense of the dressing and styling and how it will evolve.
- The video which we created represents different communities who can wear the gear. There is a punk with a body towards the end of the film. A lot of collections unfortunately don't give full IP rights. We want to invite all the other communities.
LEARNINGS AND ROAD AHEAD
- Consumption has changed. People in this generation care so much about fixing the world they have inherited. They expect big brands to get in and help fix this world with them or else they will just move elsewhere. They are much more conscious in who they chose to create their world with.
- A lot of our business has been built on the "hype game". And this has been perceived as pushing consumerism. We are looking from moving from looking at all about the flip to all about the collector in a connoisseur mindset. Making sure that we are aligning ourselves with communities who share our values. And making sure that when we produce things we do it for true holders, who have a connection with something.
- One of the reasons why merch took so long to deliver is because adidas chose not to do pre-production and use a predefined size curve for manufacturing which is what most companies do. Instead adidas waited to know the exact sizes and make it bespoke. This way supply waste was practically removed.
- 2017 purpose was the number one word, but it was all about advertising. Tired also of the word storytelling as this is also just advertising. We need to do it. It is hard to change supply chains, org structures and put the customer at the heart, be community first.
- It makes sense once we say go after the collector, create timeless products which they care about, find ways to authenticate them, tokenization helps with that. Find ways to enable them to do peer-to-peer sharing, NFC connected clothing may be a way to do that. Let’s let creators actually have a chance instead of just working with celebrities and identities that have already made it and probably don’t necessarily need the money anymore. We have seen what happens when the wrong folks get too much money. Let’s give it back to the community and give them more access to opportunity. People are starting to get it in the company. We hope it catches fire and others also start changing their ways. web3 is an awesome solution to solve things around sustainability, inclusivity and more.
- The way to get product at scale in the traditional way it is 18 months. There are other models where you can go direct to the consumer but need to sacrifice scale, or design aesthetics. We are really exploring speed as a business.
- Haven't been great at showing up and talking about what we are building, but it's time to change that.
- Tracksuit shipping and will be on doorsteps before the end of the year. adidas picking up shipping and customs bill for all of the merch. Serge Gnabry took his tracksuit to the World Cup and repping Into the Metaverse. It is also in the adidas World Cup commercial. Core principle is servicing every holder. That's why we ship to 105 countries while adidas operates in under 60.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
- Back in 2021, when Tesla started accepting cryptocurrency an e-mail thread started discussing the opportunities around crypto. Erika raised her hand to take up to lead and rethink what the strategy could look like, came fast to NFTs as an opportunity and volunteered to champion the metaverse taskforce to bring the go to market strategy of adidas in NFTs. That how's how the taskforce got formed who are the stewards and shepherds driving the metaverse journey of the brand.
- "We wanted to pay homage to the people in the space", no matter if people would have accepted our journey of apeing in, partnering with Coinbase and then ultimately launching the ITM NFT. "You don't need to come in and strive for perfection in this space, but show up and learn and want to add value."
A SHIFT OF VALUES
- NFTs are a shift of how business is done. The drop is the start of the journey, not the end of it, unlike traditional retail. A massive paradigm shift. No one is doing a good job in bringing you in and cultivating your journey. That's flipped upside down. The funnel has inverted, it's no longer about bringing you in and converting to purchase. It's about retaining you. In the team we have stopped calling holders consumers, but stakeholders and co-owners.
- Not even half of what was planned is rolled out.
- We want to start embracing the community to be the partner of adidas, the stakeholder, and give the community opportunity to benefit from and co-create using adidas' platform and beloved IP.
- In the next two quarters, more will be rolled out. For example, team is considering to embrace more of the discord members and build an official community council.
- Reason for why adidas didn’t just acquire an existing web3 PFP brand is to make sure that what is built isn’t just for one walled garden ecosystem. adidas want to embrace all the different identities that are built and created and officially be the merch partner and co-creator of how we want to flex our identity in the virtual world and the real world.
- Hence why we are embracing not only one collection and not just PFPs, but avatars. We are staring with a profile picture dressing tool that is made for multiple communities instead of just one and will evolve to full bodies and identities. We want to be part of the open metaverse.
GMONEY PODCAST WITH ERIKA WYKES-SNEYD
Hey @everyone ,
@heyerika , Global Vice President of the adidas web3 studio did join the @gmoney podcast this week and talked about Into the Metaverse and adidas Virtual Gear.
Watch it here: https://youtu.be/Fxm-fvBtOO4
⬇️ Transcript in the following posts below ⬇️
📦 TRACKSUIT + BEANIE DISTRIBUTION 📦
Hey @everyone , we have good news for you!
Today we started shipping the first batch of the iconic firebird tracksuit (yes, the same one Serge Gnabry has in his closet in that adidas World Cup commercial) and the orange gm beanies (not so needed at the World Cup, but useful in the Northern Hemisphere nowadays).
Given the current holiday shopping season we expect busy shipping carriers, so bring patience if your delivery takes longer. The first batches will be sent to our international holders as we learned from the hoodie these take longer.
✅ Order tracking emails are currently being sent out. You can also follow your order on the tracking site: https://adidas-nft.topdrawermerch.com/apps/tracktor/track
✅ When you receive your email, please check your order number and order details carefully.
✅ If anything differs from your original order confirmation, please raise a support ticket here: http://adidasnft-help.topdrawermerch.com/support/tickets/new
⚠️ If you have an order number, please do not open a Discord support ticket, as it will not go through to someone who can help. Reach out directly to Top Drawer via the links above.
⚠️ Stay safe and beware of fakes! Official emails come from email@example.com and feature your order number, shipping address, and the items ordered.
⚠️ If you receive a suspicious email, be sure to report it at #🤬︱report-scams . Remember, DO NOT click on any links — and DO NOT connect your wallet to any website claiming to be related to Into the Metaverse product claims.
ADIDAS INVITES YOU TO (PROBABLY) REAL @ MIAMI ART WEEK
@everyone As hinted roughly a week ago, we are officially coming to Miami on Saturday December 3rd to celebrate the launch of the Virtual Gear genesis collection. We would like to invite the adidas Originals: Into the Metaverse + Into the Metaverse partner communities to the (Probably) Real event experience, powered by TokenProof.
The event will be invite only and this means that only the following collections are eligible for entry:
adidas Virtual Gear
adidas Originals Into the Metaverse Phase 1
adidas Originals Into the Metaverse Phase 2
adidas Impossible Box
Bored Ape Yacht Club or Mutant Ape Yacht Club
Punks Comic or Founders Dao
(Probably) Real explores the concept of virtual presentation. Can worlds be experienced without having to be built in a physical space? How do we explore the incredibly rich and detailed process of digital design? How do we explore the boundaries between what is virtual and real?
Join us at the Rudolf Budja Gallery in Miami, as we explore these questions and bring to life our perspectives on these multiple realities.
Date: Sat, Dec 3rd
Time: 4PM - 10PM
Address: Rudolf Budja Gallery, 1330 18th St, Miami Beach, FL 33139
Note: Please only claim a ticket if you plan to be in Miami on December 3rd — there are a limited number available, and tickets are non-transferable.
The event ticketing is powered by TokenProof, you will need to download the app on iOS or Android and enroll your desired wallet(s) via a gasless signature.
For more information on how to use TokenProof, please follow the below instructions:
🧬 ADIDAS VIRTUAL GEAR REVEAL – REVEAL NOW
Thank you for your patience. The reveal has now resumed. Head to https://www.adidas.com/metaverse to reveal your adidas Virtual Gear. Which are you after?
To recap, this is what happened:
⚪ We have deployed a new smart contract
⚪ All existing revealed wearables have been migrated to the new contract. If you already claimed your virtual gear, you do not need to take any action. You have now received the exact same token under the new contract
⚪ Users who didn’t yet attempt to reveal: you are now able to reveal as usual
Problems? Open up a support ticket. And if you have questions or comments, let us know in the chats. We’re here.
P.S.: We also did some small improvements to the NFT metadata. Check it out.
We are redeploying to an updated contract for the wearables - once this is done, we will reopen capsule unboxing
There was a minor bug in the original contract that affected a handful of capsule holders during unboxing - this has been fixed and the new contract has been audited both internally and by a third party contract expert.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
For those who have already unboxed - your wearable is moving to the new contract - there is NOTHING you need to do. The exact same wearable you unboxed will airdropped to you on the updated contract - during that time you may notice a change to the wearable currently in your wallet (it might go blank). Not to worry - we have a record of all transactions/wallets and will make sure your wearable arrives in your wallet.
For those who are still waiting to unbox - once the migration has happened we will re-open capsule reveal on the updated contract. The process will remain as it was prior to the pause on the same official website (first link in 📌︱official-links ).
⚠️ We will NEVER DM you!
⚠️ DO NOT CONNECT your wallet to reveal your capsule until we announce that we have resumed unboxing.
⚠️ Re-open of unboxing will be message first right here in the 📢︱announcements announcement channel.
ADIDAS VIRTUAL GEAR — REVEAL CONTINUES TOMORROW
The devs have investigated the situation which led to pause of the reveal. Here’s what happened:
⚪ There was a vulnerability that affected users between approval of transfer and reveal, particularly users who chose not to reveal all their airdropped tokens
⚪ This affected a very small percentage of capsule holders (<0.1%) before we paused the reveal
If you have not revealed your capsules, you are not affected
If you already minted/revealed your capsules, you are not affected
⚪ We reviewed the risk and changed permissions on the reveal website to approve the burn of one token at a time, or all tokens at once depending on the choice of the user.
While this is a reasonable solution, it’s not entirely fail-safe. We want to go further and protect the community.
This is how we’ve moving forward:
🔵 We will redeploy the smart contract
🔵 Once the migration is complete, users who claimed their virtual gear do not need to take any action. You will receive the exact same token under the new contract
🔵 Users who didn’t yet attempt to reveal: you’ll be able to reveal as normal
🔵 We will investigate any reports of attempted but failed reveals on a case-by-case basis
For now, you don’t need to take any action. We expect to resume the reveal in the evening CET times tomorrow. If that changes, we and our mods will be the first to let you know.
Remember, there is no rush. The reveal site will be open indefinitely.
We love our community and truly thank you for bearing with us. We’re gonna fix this.
As always, much love
P.S.: There are some exciting surprises coming for virtual gear holders. More about this to come.
ADIDAS VIRTUAL GEAR REVEAL: PAUSED
Hey @everyone ,
The devs identified an issue that affected a small number of users in the burn mechanic.
We have paused the reveal to investigate and it is expected to take a few hours.
Here's what you need to know:
- If you have a revealed virtual gear item - it is safe
- If you attempted to reveal but faced an issue - we are investigating right now and you will be able to complete the process once we resume
- If you want to reveal your capsule - you will be able to
Remember, the time to reveal your Impossible Box is indefinite. There is no rush to reveal.
We and our mods will keep you updated so you can reveal your adidas Virtual Gear soon.
Thanks for your patience.
ADIDAS VIRTUAL GEAR UTILITY
UTILITY NOW 🧬
Collect the genesis capsule of metaverse-ready adidas Virtual Gear.
Starting next week, style your own identity with your PFP in adidas atelier, where visions of the digital apparel you choose to represent yourself become interoperable. Beginning with our partners collections: Bored Ape Yacht Club, Mutant Ape Yacht Club and Inhabitants (formerly known as MetaHero).
In the coming months more friends and collections, across the metaverse will be able to dress their identities on adidas atelier. Submit your preferred collections to include into #atelier-collection-suggestions on Discord. This includes the adidas identity, which you will build up across Phase 3 and into Phase 4 of “Into the Metaverse”. As more virtual gear gets released it will be interoperable with all supported collections.
Join the adidas web3 ecosystem. Play with the engaged and strong community of adidas maxis. Virtual Gear gives you access to the exclusive holders channels in Discord and holders-only benefits in the future.
Unlock access to gated content and community experiences, as well as exclusive IRL and digital events. Coming up early December: a real life event in Miami.
We’re opening up the metaverse to a new wave of friends, integrating our adidas family, community, and product offering across CONFIRMED, adidas.com and IRL.
UTILITY IN THE FUTURE / OUR VISION FOR THE FUTURE 🧬 👀
Native web3 virtual worlds, including those being developed by our partners, are on being built and virtual gear holders will be able to flex while participating in them. Good things take time—and with the building of these worlds in which we will thrive, we’re focusing on innovating self-expression, metaverse-ready adidas Virtual Gear. All adidas Virtual Gear will be available in 3D and ready to be worn by your avatars.
Welcome to interoperable self-expression throughout the metaverse. 2023 brings the possibility of styling your identity, no matter who and where you are.
Additional collections will drip progressively over the coming quarters. 💙
THE REVEAL: UNBOXING THE IMPOSSIBLE IS HERE
INTRODUCING ADIDAS VIRTUAL GEAR
Unveiling the genesis collection of adidas Virtual Gear. An eclectic mix of impossible silhouettes, tying together past and future, virtual and physical, communities and creators, culture and identity.
Representing our first NFT collection of wearables, a new, interoperable product category “Virtual Gear”, accelerates our collective drive towards strengthening web3, and the adidas community-based, member-first, open metaverse pledge.
Looking ahead to a future not yet realized is a series of impossible designs, the collection includes 8 silhouettes within 16 variations, with some rarities even being chosen by our community. Like the “Space Crystal”, holding the ever-present and mysterious adidas metakey, and the “Wallrunner”, Virtual Gear so cushy, you can run into a wall with it.
Featuring provocative odes to the boundless possibilities of metaverse worlds, the “P.F.D - Personal Floatation Device” trait is worn to Float Above the Floor, with superpowers like “Impulsive collision deflection”. While subtle nods to iconic aspects of adidas Originals’ intimate DNA, are realized through pieces like the “Neobone”, which takes cues from the rubberized sole pattern of the timeless Superstar silhouette. Now made impossible.
OUR PARTNERS 🤝
As part of our continued collaboration with web3’s pioneers and our partners, the collection includes three limited edition creator-lead wearables – each representing Bored Ape Yacht Club, gmoney and PUNKS Comic, respectively.
UNBOX NOW 🔥
Discover the collection and unbox yours now only at https://www.adidas.com/metaverse
Virtual Gear for New Realities by @indigo_herz and the adidas /// Studio.
🔵 THE COUNTDOWN IS ON. ARE YOU READY TO UNBOX? 🔵
@everyone I’ve got you. Get ready with me. Here’s your checklist:
🌀 1) What will happen:
- Reveal site will be at https://www.adidas.com/metaverse - don’t trust any other links, adidas will never DM you neither on discord, nor on twitter, nor on any other channel. The only official twitter accounts are and . There are no secret mints.
- Once the reveal opens you have unlimited time to unbox. There is no reveal window, it is open ended.
- We will not announce the rarities of the revealed items upfront, you will find them out as more people reveal. The rarities are predetermined and the allocation is provably random. The metadata of the revealed items is protected by a backend service to prevent sniping.
- In order to reveal you need to burn your capsule and will receive a new token in a new collection. That token will have the same tokenID as your capsule had.
- The capsule collection will be renamed to adidas IMPOSSIBLE BOX once the reveal starts.
- The revealed items will be in a new collection which will have a new name. We will announce it once the reveal starts.
- Be patient once the burn is completed. As on every reveal, sometimes you need to wait a bit when loads of burns are happening. Don't panic, you will get your item in any case!
- We will only support marketplaces enforcing royalties going forward - meaning OpenSea, Coinbase and Blur, as well as our partner marketplaces (e.g. gmoney market).
🤝 2) What do you need:
✅ Capsule in one of the supported wallets
- Tally Ho Wallet
- Coinbase Wallet
✅ Small amount of ETH for burn.
🔴 3) Watchouts
- Only use adidas.com/metaverse. Don’t burn directly on contract. This will cause problems and delays with your reveal.
- Only use the links that are posted in #📌︱official-links
- There is no mint, adidas won’t DM. Be extra careful. Do not rush.
BLUE SPACES: BAYC FOUNDERS ON TWITTER
We'll get to as many questions sourced from our holders community as we can. Share what you'd like to know via #👋・spaces-questions until tomorrow.
Was this worth the wait, @everyone ? Probably.
We've identified a few collections similar to adidas Originals Into the Metaverse.