Last Updated: August 31, 2022
PERSONAL DATA AND DATA COLLECTION
We collect personal data such as your name, address, contact information, work and educational history, achievements, identity documents, and assessment results. We may collect this data directly from you as well as from third parties, such as professional recruitment agencies, your references, prior employers, or Floor employees who recommended or interviewed you. To the extent that you have chosen to make such information publicly available, we may also collect personal data about you online (e.g. from Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn). If you receive an offer from us, we may, to the extent permitted by applicable law, conduct a background check on you, which may contain data related to criminal offenses and proceedings.
To the extent permitted applicable laws (e.g., U.S. equal opportunity laws), we may collect sensitive personal information (including ethnicity, health, sexual orientation, and other categories as prescribed by law) about a Candidate in order to create an inclusive and diverse work environment. We may also collect such data if you choose to voluntarily disclose it during the recruiting process.
We collect and use your personal data for legitimate recruitment and business management reasons, and to comply with legal obligations. This includes:
- Identifying and evaluating Candidates for potential employment;
- Managing applications, scheduling interviews, and processing interview feedback;
- HR records management;
- Fostering diversity and inclusion;
- Conducting background and criminal history checks; and
- Protecting our legal rights and compliance with legal requirements.
We may also use the personal data of Candidates to improve our recruitment and hiring process and for internal analytics purposes.
VIEWING & SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only share your personal data where we have lawful and legitimate purposes to do so. All individuals who receive your information are bound by contractual or professional obligations to keep your data confidential.
We use third party suppliers to perform certain services on our behalf, and we may disclose your personal data to such suppliers. These third party suppliers include, HR service providers, insurance providers, and employee benefits providers. For example, when you apply through our careers page or via LinkedIn, you provide your data directly to Greenhouse Software Inc., which facilitates the recruitment process, In line with our business purposes and as permitted by law, we may share your personal data with other parties, such as professional advisers, external law firms for assessment of employment matters, permits, and visas. In certain cases, we may be required to disclose information, either by law, as part of a legal process or according to regulations. We may also disclose or transfer your personal data in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, or other transfer of all or parts of our business.
Our headquarters is in the United States but we are a globally distributed team. In some instances, for purposes that are in line with this Recruitment Privacy Notice, your personal data may be disclosed and transferred within Floor NFTs and to our third-party service providers around the world (i.e. outside EEA). Where required by law, we put in place additional measures designed to ensure adequate data protection when your data is transferred to another country.
LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR DATA
Depending on the context, we process your personal data based on the following legal grounds:
- Our legitimate business interests to evaluate your candidacy, conduct a successful recruiting process; and operate our business;
- The need for contractual and pre-contractual engagement and agreements concerning our potential employment of you;
- The requirement to comply with applicable law; and/or
- Your consent.
We retain personal data and information that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so. Should you go from candidate to employee, your personal data processed during the recruitment process will be used for employment purposes, stored in your employee file, and retained in accordance with our data retention policies for employee data.
Generally, if your application for employment is not successful, we may retain your personal data for the duration of and beyond the end of the recruitment process for a reasonable period of time. We may keep your personal data if you could be a potential candidate for future recruitment to avoid unreasonable duplications of recruiting efforts. We may also keep anonymized derivatives of your personal data for business analytical purposes, such as recruitment statistics. Your personal data that we process for any purpose will not be retained longer than what is necessary for that specific purpose.
Subject to the conditions prescribed in applicable laws, you may have the following rights:
- The right to access: You can contact us to request a copy of your personal data being processed.
- The right to withdraw consent: You may withdraw your previously given consent where this is the legal basis for processing your personal data. Please note that this right may not apply if there are other legal justifications for us to process the data, or if we are required or permitted to retain certain personal data under applicable law.
- The right to rectification or erasure: You can contact us to request us to modify, correct or remove information that we process about you, in cases where it is incorrect, incomplete or no longer necessary.
- The right to object to or restrict processing: You can contact us if you consider the processing to be unlawful or if you don’t want it to be processed in a certain manner.
- The right to request portability: You can request us to transfer your personal data should you wish to use it elsewhere.
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority: You may contact your local data protection authority if you wish to make a complaint regarding our collection and use of your personal data.
To execute your rights please contact us by email at [email protected].
If you have questions, comments, or concerns about this Recruiting Privacy Notice, or the way in which we handle your personal data, you can contact us by email at [email protected]. As our business changes we may update our Recruitment Privacy Notice and publish the new version to this page. You can check this Notice at your convenience to see any recent changes.